whats in your dive bag (First Aid)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife:
hi Tom. DAN o2 provider and we have both demand and continous valves

they arent complicated but i do think its very important to go thru the motions of setting up every 6 or 8 weeks becuase its easy to get flustered, espeically in the event of an emergency and fast action is vital

cheers

Thanks for the information, it looks like it could be a pain

In my dive bag I always carry a standard first aid kit that you can pick up at Walmart or anywhere really. I have also added a couple packs of jellyfish wipes to stop jellyfish stings, sunscreen, and thats about it.

I usually have a full med kit including everything you could need at a high school football game in my car...cause that's what its for. :) Vacuum splints too.

Aspirin, I feel is really important for someone having chest pain.

It doesn't get enough press.

I dont' carry a whole lot, but I do bring:
  • Pocket Mask
  • Gauze
  • 4x4s
  • Alcohol wipes
  • Small waterproof DAN first aid book
  • Spray can of saline (actually for me to get dried up contacts out of my eyes, but useful for other things)
Terry

tom wicker:
I was just skimming through my manual and it got me to thinking. As we all progressed though our diving I would venture to say if like mine our dive bags has grown with us. Up until now I have never given much thought to the packing of First aid supplies in my bag. Short of an Insurance Tag and some sun block :D

Dose anyone keep such devices such as pocket mask, hot and cold packs or in short a Rescue First Aid kit of some sort?

I don’t recall ever seeing a diver pull any from his bag

Back
Top Bottom