What's in your bag, travel tips & tricks.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time to resurrect this thread again. :)

The Tumi bag I bought a few years back as a personal item/underseat bag, I’ve hated since day one. Too heavy and overbuilt, too much bag and not enough contents. Too many pockets of the wrong sort and I could never find anything.

I’ve replaced it with Mystery Ranch 3 Way Briefcase - Carry as Tote, Backpack and Shoulder Bag Amazon.com

It’s at my feet on it’s way home on it’s first trip right now (unfortunately not a dive trip) and I love it. Just right.

a must - a dry bag for your survival kit should you need to evacuate fast. Passport, money, meds and other important essentials.
^^^This. And unfortunately I recently had a opportunity to put mine to the test. Found I need to add a few things to it…car keys, spare glasses or contacts with solution and maybe even a bottle of water. On a LOB I keep my bug out bag near the door or with the life vests when they are stored in the room.

Time to resurrect this thread again. :)

The Tumi bag I bought a few years back as a personal item/underseat bag, I’ve hated since day one. Too heavy and overbuilt, too much bag and not enough contents. Too many pockets of the wrong sort and I could never find anything.

I’ve replaced it with Mystery Ranch 3 Way Briefcase - Carry as Tote, Backpack and Shoulder Bag Amazon.com

It’s at my feet on it’s way home on it’s first trip right now (unfortunately not a dive trip) and I love it. Just right.
I do admire this bag, unfortunately, it doesn't have a pass through sleeve to attach it to the pull handle of a carry on roller bag. Otherwise, it is indeed, almost perfect by the looks of things.

I do admire this bag, unfortunately, it doesn't have a pass through sleeve to attach it to the pull handle of a carry on roller bag. Otherwise, it is indeed, almost perfect by the looks of things.
Use your Aquaseal to glue on a strap! :wink:

I never leave home without it.
Warning: It can hold you up if a narcotic detection canine gets wind of the ingredient.

It does have a sleeve. Perhaps there was an earlier version that did not. The Amazon listing shows it in one of the pics but the video does not.

One thing I did see a few complaints about in reviews was the shoulder strap is lame. And it is, somewhat slippery and uncomfortable webbing, with a unique connection that isn’t quick on/off. But easy to fix comfort, I just stole a grippy strap pad from a different strap (I have a stash) to make it better. Though I haven’t carried it that way yet, was mostly on my roller bag using the sleeve. 😉

(My brand new roller bag. We’ve had 3 roller bags die in the last year. 2 self-destructed. One was destroyed by … gate check! The degree of destruction was quite impressive. 🤯 )

Back
Top Bottom