What's in the upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I added a new thread to the Frequently Asked Questions forum:

I just added another new thread to the Frequently Asked Questions forum:

@Akimbo great work on the update/upgrade! Thank you for your hard work.

One of the features that the old system had that I do miss in the upgrade is that you used to be able to look at the bottom of a thread and see the number of posts remaining. Similarly, on the "New Posts" page you used to be able to see something along the lines of "You are viewing 21-30 of 164 posts." at the bottom of the page.

Obviously, neither of these are critical, but they were (for me at least) a handy feature.

One of the features that the old system had that I do miss in the upgrade is that you used to be able to look at the bottom of a thread and see the number of posts remaining. Similarly, on the "New Posts" page you used to be able to see something along the lines of "You are viewing 21-30 of 164 posts." at the bottom of the page.

I would have to ask @Miyaru about that one. I can hack my way through some really basic HTML code but adding something like that is way out of my league.

There is a nice feature relating to long threads that I do like, being able to jump to any page:

1636730405518.png

After resizing the image with the corner handles I manually edit the BB-code by adding align="left". This and a lot more will be available when xenForo fixes the bug in their code, which I learned today that they are aware of.

@Miyaru upgraded ScubaBoard to xenForo 2.2.8 which fixed this bug.

View attachment 693882

Is this a new feature? I just noticed that the location is a hypertext link. Clicking on it opens a tab or window your browser with the location shown in Google Map.

I noticed that feature awhile ago. It’s not new but has been there since the upgrade or shortly after.

View attachment 693882

Is this a new feature? I just noticed that the location is a hypertext link. Clicking on it opens a tab or window your browser with the location shown in Google Map.
Because I always access SB on either my phone or an iPad, I would have never known it was there had you not mentioned it. There is nothing on those formats that make it stand out as a hyperlink.

Back
Top Bottom