What's divable on Oahu this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've yet to check the surf report yet... but has anyone done a shore dive today and how were the conditions?

Looks like the South Shore will be pretty nice tomorrow. Nice day to hit Lanai Lookout. I can't dive till Thursday next week.

VblueV, Ed and I hit Lanai Lookout on Friday though and it was great. Awesome viz and good conditions.

Myself, VBLUEV and the guy w/out a boat hit e-beach today. Wasn't too bad.

I'm thinking of hitting e-beach tomorrow. How did the class go today?

fishboy.. lanai lookout has been "glass" the past few days..
and it looks like it should hold steady for a couple more: http://www.surfnewsnetwork.com/index.php?fuseaction=main.main&

since it's christmas eve.. you could do a family trek to hanauma bay..
and if your boy is diving too.. it's an easy dive out to 50fsw..
just follow the old transpac cable starting just past the orange buoys.

mele kaliki maka

btw.. as for the class.. 7-foot hose.. we don't need no stink'n 7-foot hose! =P
.. you know.. i was always taught not to wrap things around the neck =/

it's funny how they give one set of rules so's you don't snag yourself on things..
then they give you others that could tangle you seven-ways to sunday =|

Grrrr... my buddies had "emergency vet problems" this morning, so another dry weekend:(

First it was a grumpy spouse, last week it was an exhaust manifold and now it's a puppy with a cut pad... maybe I should just pay a charter.

VBlueV:
fishboy.. lanai lookout has been "glass" the past few days..
and it looks like it should hold steady for a couple more: http://www.surfnewsnetwork.com/index.php?fuseaction=main.main&

since it's christmas eve.. you could do a family trek to hanauma bay..
and if your boy is diving too.. it's an easy dive out to 50fsw..
just follow the old transpac cable starting just past the orange buoys.

mele kaliki maka

btw.. as for the class.. 7-foot hose.. we don't need no stink'n 7-foot hose! =P
.. you know.. i was always taught not to wrap things around the neck =/

it's funny how they give one set of rules so's you don't snag yourself on things..
then they give you others that could tangle you seven-ways to sunday =|

I am not sure how you can snag a 7-foot hose that is properly stowed and deployed (if anything it makes you more streamlined)--of course when you stow it in such a manner to have it run through the elastic bungee cord thingie that holds your light in place *caugh* then I can see (and did) how it can get snagged.

.....remedial out of gas scenarios are obviously called for :wink: (muahaha)

-- sorry for the hijack -- If it would't piss my wife off to high heaven I would be diving today as well fishboy..

and get rid of the snorkel, they are for girls!...........
faster and easier to deploy the 7' as opposed to your octo...oh wait, you have a..........*air2*

mrjimboalaska:
and get rid of the snorkel, they are for girls!...........
faster and easier to deploy the 7' as opposed to your octo...oh wait, you have a..........*air2*

He has an Air2 in case his primary and secondary 2nd stage go bad...or if both of his buddy run out of gas that way he can donate the 7 ft hose and the 22 in hose to his buddies and all 3 can breath off his tanks....

Sorry JJ...I'll stop now...it's just too easy...with my luck that's probably exactly what will happen and then I will have to praise your Air2...

Flat from our window fellas.

You can see the trails of the barges forever....

Good dive day...we might. Just came home. Flying out tomorrow so would like to squeeze one in...

I want great viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom