whats a good semi dry suit for san diego area and up north the west coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigrich954rr

Registered
Reaction score
looking to buy a wet suit. or a semi dry wetsuit . looking for ideas and thoughts need some thing that will last a while . was looking at a aqualung semi dry ?

I have no idea of the water temp in your area, what I do know is that my Scubapro Nova Scotia and hoodie works well in colder waters (50f) I would also like to add that if you are looking at getting something to help with the cold you could just as well fork out the cash for a drysuit and be done with it!!!

i would love to go dry one day but for now its semi dry till the wallet gets bigger.

looking at getting a Aqua Lung SOL AFX at a good price

You may get a month and a half either side of
summer with that, it's always easier after summer.

Also depends whether you are
doing vertical or horizontal diving

Adding an extra 3mm or 5mm layer
over the torso will take it further

and for me a hood is a must year round similar seas

ok I have to order online where a good place to order a Aqua Lung SOL AFX suit ? i found a few cheap places just looking for feed back ?

Im looking for the suit to do a little of every thing till more money comes around, figured if i get cold i could layer it up

I have the Solafx and like it so far. I have had it for about 3 months and 6 dives in the local quarry. I have been comfortable so far.

I think you will like it, but I am not familiar with conditions in your dive area.

I bought my suit at my local dive shop.

you might want to take a look at the new Hollis semi-dry.

Back
Top Bottom