What would you recommend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

easyrider003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have already posted a thread about my mask leaking and was thinking that maybe I need a new mask. Anyways, I was just wondering what mask you would recommend or are is it like with fins, just a personal preferance?

Thanks,
Michael

One that fits....perferably one with a good field of vision...

Seriously, "Everyone" here is way up on the subframe or frameless Atomics, but for me it is not WIDE enough, does me no good. My M-14 by TUSA fit better, but i still have issues with it on occasion...

So what ANYONE reccomends will do you no good unless it fits/seals/ and provides a field of view...Cressi Big eye, Atomic, scuba pro, hydrooptix, all make a good product....

I have already posted a thread about my mask leaking and was thinking that maybe I need a new mask. Anyways, I was just wondering what mask you would recommend or are is it like with fins, just a personal preferance?

Thanks,
Michael

Anyone that fits (seals) properly.......I would go into a shop & start trying them on---personally, I don't have a problem with leaking much, the last 3 I've bought have been over the internet--- looking @ the shape of the mask(compared to what I had previously).....here's a short (self)tape done last month in Cozumel of the one I would recommend---don't even know the brand it is(it's about 10 years old & as good as the day I bought it).......click link.......

Video of self video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Everyone" here is way up on the subframe or frameless Atomics, but for me it is not WIDE enough, does me no good.

My favorite too. Little-known fact (even among sales people, apparently) is that they come in two sizes. Which one did you try on?

both narrow/regular and wide. my eyes were outside the mask on the narrow

Had a student recently he tryed a dozen masks and they where all leaking.
Now he has a Mares Liqiud skin and is very happy.
If you can go try one.:D

Back
Top Bottom