What would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LekicINC

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Heres the situation. I am a budget diver on a trip to Malaysia. I am a diver, my girlfriend is not. She may do a dive or two, or she may decide not to..who knows. I will be going to Perhentian islands for 5 days where I plan to dive every day. However, I am allowed one more, 3n/4 day "dive trip" I think I have narrowed it down to the following places: Sipadan, Tenggol/aur, Bunaken/lembeh strait. To sum up

*I dont have a lot of money
*I am going with a non diver
*I want great diving.

Sipidan seems expensive and boring for a non diver. Bunaken is hard to get to and I dont know much about tenggol or Aur. I figured it would be a shame to miss Sipadan, but I could suck it for a place like bunaken etc. Would you?

How long will you be in Malaysia for?
Are you going over to Sabah anyway?
I think it's worth while to go and see the Orangutans and other sites but getting there does add to the cost.
Will your girlfriend be happy just lying around on the beach? Some of these islands have little or nothing to do bar dive or work on her tan.
The last thing you want is an unhappy and bored girlfriend on holiday.

On the peninusula go and see "Elephants Sanctuary Kuala Gandah Pahang Malaysia" is well worth an afternoon from 1:00 pm onwards http://impressions.com.my/RelatedServ/Klshortmain/ele_sanc/more_ele.htm
The elephants are fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom