What would you do with steel 72's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Campana

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a number of steel 72's, like 8 of em. People keep giving them to me. I tumble them, get them hydro'd, and use them for open water classes. I just don't need as many as I've got. Here's what I've got, what would you do with them?

Set of old doubles, 1/2" valves, with one yoke outlet (sell?)
Set of doubles with 3/4" valves and brand new isolation manifold (sell/use?)
6 regular steel 72's with current hydros and new valves (sell/use for deco/?)
2 old 72's not yet hydrod with 1/2" valves (sell/fix up and sell?)

get the picture? anybody want to buy one or more for a bargain price?

Use the ones with the 3/4" neck for doubles - always nice and a small package. Maybe sell a few and use one or two for an Pre-Dive Argon tank (to flush the suit)??

Oh the posibilities???

Eric :)

If you cut off the bottom they make great candy dishes or cereal bowls.

brandon

Windchimes! Cereal Bowls!! What's the matter with you two, I ain't turning perfectly good STEEL into decorative or kitchen items! (I did take Ladydiver's suggestion and put em on sale on Aquatrader). Hope I get big bucks for em and you will eat your words about windchimes and bowls.

Campana, tank merchant to the world.

Originally posted by Campana
I ain't turning perfectly good STEEL into decorative or kitchen items!

I agree completely......... Just having a little fun! :D
I hope you do well in your endeavors as a tank merchant!

Hmmmm,

Are the Doubles with the 3/4 valves and Iso manifold Yoke or DIN?

They're those convertable kind, the coolest kind if you aren't going 300 bar, which you wouldn't need on these tanks. The insert that makes them a yoke is removable with an allen wrench, then they're Din 200. By the way, the hydro dates are 98 and 00, and they have a + rating on both.

Windchimes. I could never have thought of that. It could aleviate the nostalgia that I feel during the winter. I love the satisfying bang of a steel tank, followed by the woosh of air and a string of profanities.

Don't you just love to dive.

brandon

I would use one for an argon storage bottle. Kinda nice for refills between dives. If you have some doubled up with good manifolds, dive them. I am getting ready to put together my third set. With and 11 pound v-weight they are great to dive. Stages....well too heavy for open water. Nice for O2 on cave dives, were it sits in the entance of the cave. As for selling them, could you take some poor fools money and live with yourself?? If they are really junk, cut the bottom off and make a bell.

KLJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom