What wetsuit in November?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!
Is a 3mm full suit enough in the Philippines in November?
Or better bring a 5mm one?
It is mainly a luggage issue, though does it make such a difference in weight and space?
Yours,
Liberty

3mm is adequate.. On the coldest month (jan) 3mm + rashguard is adequate.

3mm should be enough even for November.

Hi!
Is a 3mm full suit enough in the Philippines in November?
Or better bring a 5mm one?
It is mainly a luggage issue, though does it make such a difference in weight and space?
Yours,
Liberty

Careful who you ask. Everyone has a different dive style(swim a lot or just hang out), metabolism and "natural" insulation factor. I'm 6' and 205lbs and I take a 5mm but then I'm diving 3 times a day for 5-7 days straight. I used to take a 3mm but when you dive deeper (below 60ft or 20m) or are diving multiple dives and days your body core will cool down. I found that after diving 3 days in a row in the Philippines I was getting cold towards the end of my typical 60 minute dive. Since I started using a 5mm I'm comfortable but also take a hood along just in case especially since I've got more dives on the 5mm and it's a little more compressed.

One advantage of your body core cooling down though is that you might be more comfortable in the tropical heat.

Back
Top Bottom