What Water Wheels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have a 4x4 Chevy conversion van.

There's plenty of room to stand up inside to change. Plenty of room for storage of gear and tanks.

The back doors open up, providing a perfect platform for getting into my steel doubles.

There's also a TV, VCR, refrigerator, stove, toilet, awning, satellite stereo, electric heater and an electric air conditioner to keep us occupied in between dives. We go camping when we dive. The doors have mosquito netting so we can keep the doors open at night during the summer.

10 miles per gallon!

m0011820.jpg

Whatever you choose, keep one thing in mind......you don't want your nose in the same compartment as your wet wetsuit in the heat of summer........especially on a Sunday drive home after diving on Saturday. :|:

So far the NV200 is the winner. What do you mean they don't have them at the local stealership? D'OH!

I'm starting to lean towards fixing the engine in the Durango and sticking with it. I have a couple more test drives this weekend but so far there just isn't much out there that I'd go nuts over. I can't say I've given the FJ Cruiser a fair shake since they look like Hot Wheels to me, but I might look into that. Most of our diving is just a few minutes down the road so I haven't had to camp out yet, but definitely would like to have a truck when the gear starts wreaking! Thanks for the info all!

Now to start a petition to Nissan for that NV200......

Here's my perfect dive vehicle: 4x4 Chevy conversion van.
A/C, heat, TV, VCR, stove, microwave, refrigerator, twin bed, satellite stereo, toilet, awning, mosquito netting. I'm thinking of towing a small trailer so I don't have to pack scuba gear inside the van. Although I can go 250 miles on the 25-gallon fuel tank, I usually don't venture more than 100 miles from home.
0328.jpg

The car rental I usually use at Ft. Lauderdale airport sometimes gives me a PT Cruiser. Works for me and probably would be OK for a couple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom