What Water Wheels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had an F150 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4 and recently purchased the Dodge Ram 4 door (much better gas mileage-no 4x4). It is larger space in the cabin area. I have a bedliner but no cover and I do put my stuff inside before the dive and lock things down after the dive.

I have to also say that I take my Toyota Yaris 4 door sometimes when I am heading to the dive site alone and it has plenty of space in the trunk and back. I love the gas mileage on the Toyota.

I have had the truck idea and it is good, better if you have theat box cover. I now have a full size van and a trailer with a full compressor set up. Basically I would suggest to get your Dodge fixed and continue to use it. OR get yourself a van as it will have the security and space for gear.

Additionally what ever you do I would suggest to have the box sprayed with the Armour Coating protection. Your Dodge can have this done to it and it will better protect then just the rubber insert liner you have. I did my van and the cost was about $450. I had the entire floor pan done right up half way on the side walls. When I re-installed all the interior panel you would never know I did this. Make sure to lift out your rubber mat from time to time and the carpet to air out and dry the floor or rear deck of your Dodge. You may want to add a sheet section of plywood (marine grade) to absorb the tank shock when you drop your tanks in the back.

Ice - Maybe the Avalanche is only lockable by the key fob? I was looking for a keyhole on the tailgate and haven't seen one yet.

Well, mine is a 2002 which has the regular keyhole for locking, just below the handle. The newer ones may lock only with the FOB, but I'm not sure....

Toyota FJ Cruiser

Reasonably priced, goes anywhere.

No carpet at all to trap that post dive wetsuit aroma. All rubber and plastic interior with water resistant fabic seats. You can hose it out if you need to.

I have a 2001 Dodge Durango (with a nice rubber cargo liner) and it's awesome for hauling gear around and being able to keep the gear locked in the back when parked at some docks in questionable areas. Problem is, I overheated the car recently and the lifters have started ticking. I'm starting to look for another car (but might still just repair the lifters) and am wondering what everyone here thinks is the best vehicle for divers. My roommate has an F-150 which is nice, but you'd have to get a hard tonneau cover to lock stuff up during a dive. What do you drive and is it diver friendly? Thanks.

My MINI Cooper does a pretty good job . . . .

We use either the wife's X5 or our Honda Civic beater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom