What was your travel outcome on bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wondering if we should start a thread of companies that have done the "right thing" for their customers. I'd like to make sure I only do business with them in the future! I've heard some horror stories about the Live A Board companies screwing their customers.

Now that the distancing has been pushed out until the very least April 30th, I wanted to see if anyone else has plans that are a little further out (like July Aug) to see if people are pushing or keeping options open? We have a trip July 4-13th but are wondering if we should try and look at Oct instead

I saw this in the Asia thread and thought it was pretty cool.

We were supposed to go to bonaire a week from now.

Shout out to Madura dive, they contacted me, and worked through the reschedule (cool thing is we get to go over New Years this year).

They were professional and painless.

Delta easy to move flights, cost more, but that is fine, New Years week is a prime week and we should pay more.

The only thing that was tough is the when is the resort open and when can I fly was a day or two dance. Chicken and egg kind of thing

Homerdoc

I'm wondering if we should start a thread of companies that have done the "right thing" for their customers. I'd like to make sure I only do business with them in the future! I've heard some horror stories about the Live A Board companies screwing their customers.

Hi! A mod helped me move this out of the Asia thread and into the General Travel forum as I think it has a wide application. Even prior to that, we've been logging experiences from all locations and I would love to include the Bonaire experiences you've all shared. If you're interested in having it added to the log, please reply in the thread. The log has been updated as of today, April 6. I have been sorting them by country/region then by company name so it's easy for everyone to view. If you want to view by filter, you can go to "Data" and go to "Filter Views" then "Create New Filter View" for your own personal filter that you can name or you can use the existing one that says "Please use this to filter".

Thanks. :)

Hi @outofofficebrb

I don't see any of the Bonaire data in your log

Hi,

I'm only going to log the outcomes if the person shares their outcome in that specific thread I linked to. So far, I don't think anyone from this Bonaire thread has done that by replying to the thread. I won't be pulling it off this thread because I'm not sure that everyone wants to be participating or having it officially logged, for whatever reason. I want to be respectful of that. :)

Haven't dealt with AA yet. Probably tomorrow. But I took advantage of some great prices and booked tickets on United in mid August for Bonaire! Original flight was supposed to fly this Friday.
Still trying to decide whether to get a refund from AA, or take the credit + 20% they're offering.

Now that the distancing has been pushed out until the very least April 30th, I wanted to see if anyone else has plans that are a little further out (like July Aug) to see if people are pushing or keeping options open? We have a trip July 4-13th but are wondering if we should try and look at Oct instead

I had booked for first week of June. I cancelled that and just rebooked for 2 weeks, Aug 8-22nd. I figure if I have to delay, I’ll just stay an extra week. I tried to push it out as far as possible without getting into September. As it is I hate to wait that long. At this point, who knows if August will even be far enough out. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, we're booked for the end of July and are holding on a little while longer to see how this shapes up. Keeping my fingers crossed that things clear up by then so we can keep our plans intact.

Seems that quite a few areas that were starting to see a decline in the number of cases let their guard down too soon and are having large spikes again. How do we ever get completely out of this?? Does the whole world have to be virus-free and can that even really happen?? Too many questions with no answers right now.

Yeah, we're booked for the end of July and are holding on a little while longer to see how this shapes up. Keeping my fingers crossed that things clear up by then so we can keep our plans intact.

Seems that quite a few areas that were starting to see a decline in the number of cases let their guard down too soon and are having large spikes again. How do we ever get completely out of this?? Does the whole world have to be virus-free and can that even really happen?? Too many questions with no answers right now.

That is exactly my fear too. I am worried that it goes down and then it comes back. We are also waiting till end of May to evaluate. My fear is we reschedule to October and it has re-emerged. Really scary time right now.

How do we ever get completely out of this?? Does the whole world have to be virus-free and can that even really happen??

"Herd immunity" is when large percent of the population is either vaccinated or had the disease and recovered, and became immune. The bug has no hosts to latch on to because everyone's immune, and hopefully dies out. Eventually. It's not going to happen anytime soon. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom