What was YOUR 15 minutes of fame (or flame)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been on NPR a couple times, along with being interviewed in a column for the Baltimore Sun, and different interviews for the local news channels. All of it for protesting and budget cut stuff.... I am always "that annoying kid with the funny accent" to the Maryland State Board of Education, we're pretty intimate. I have spoken in front of the State Congress twice, and was in a trial as a witness in a lawsuit for more money.

What I am most proud of, however, happened only last May or so. I sent all of my stuff to the Israeli Embassy down in DC; I like to keep active there and I am down there ever month or so for some activity they have. So, one day I got a letter in the mail inviting me to be part of a lecture series called "Israeli Expats Making a Difference"... They wanted me to talk about my protest work! So I knew that Sharon (who I don't particularly support, btw) was in town, but I had assumed he was doing something with the president or something of that nature, but he happened to be in the room listening to me giving my lecture about all my work. Had I known he was in the back, I probably would have rephrased some things, but one of his guards told me he laughed. So, anyway, I got to meet him and all, shook his hand and took a picture... and he said I was a good kid.

That's my story, however:

I DO know somebody who was on the TLC show "While You Were Out", and absolutely hated what they did to his room! (haha) He had to pay to get it redone.... poor guy. Made it to the "President's Day Viewer's Choice Marathon". How embarrassing.

I was a contestant on a dating-related gameshow in Japan. This 20+ years ago, but it's still embarassing. Friends there managed to send me an audio tape and photos (this was pre-VCR) of this spectacle. What can I say? The show paid our train tickets, hotel, and gave us a $ allowance (no yen on this keyboard.)

I used to be pretty big into paintball, had one of my custom markers featured in an international magazing being called "The Most Customized Paintball Gun Ever". I was pretty proud of that, no TV spots or anything. Quit playing paintball since I started diving, go figure.

I also took some digital photos of a waterspout in Destin, FL while I was working over there - they made it onto the local news... I guess thats sorta like being on TV? LOL

You can find my picture in the Nov. 1979 National Geographic in the article, "Which Way Oahu"? Washing oysters. And I was in a 1979 episode of Magnum P.I. Right at the beginning they focused right on my face with a straw cowboy hat pulling a net through a shrimp pond. Glory Days.....yeah they'll pass you by....in the wink of a young girls eye.

opiniongirl:
We're all supposed to get 15 minutes, and who knows what those 15 minutes will be about?

So what was your 15 minutes about?

Who, what, where, why and how?

And if you haven't had it yet....give the details of your 15 minutes of FLAME..
My 15 minutes was also my most humbling as the 1st set of Deep Sea Divers down on TWA Flight 800 off of New York at 10:00 PM off the First Navy Salvage Ship To arrive. By best 15 minutes was being in the Honolulu New Paper with both of my sons when “Men of Honor” came out.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/2000/Nov/11/localnews.html

I danced on TV when i was about 16 or 17...

Please don't ask me to say anymore... :15a:

Please tell me it was Top of the Pops!

I was once on Crimewatch (not as a criminal but in one of the reenactments). I was a 'helpful witness'.

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

I happened to be the only female working at a car dealership/truck rental place when the owner decided to do some local cable informercials. I got to be the girl posing on the BMW in the too-short dress in the car sales/rental bit; and then expound the virtues of using a rental truck and the proper packing materials in the truck rental segment. My mother still has a tape - blea!

ScubaFreak:
I danced on TV when i was about 16 or 17...

Please don't ask me to say anymore... :15a:

Ouch.

I know somebody who's brother was on the season finale of the 2nd American Idol. He was the man in the little interview segments that said something on the lines of "I hope (I forget his name) wins because he represents tall skinny white boys like me..." something like that. I didn't watch, but one of my fans is an avvid follower and said to me once (after telling this story) "AHHH!!! OH MY GOD!!!! MY FRIEND HAD A HUGE CRUSH ON HIM!!"

Vive le freaky people.

funniest yet most random 15 minutes of fame was for me....well, im sort of a legend at my school because of the oddly hilarious and entertaining presentations that i make that are usually inappropriate...(unfortunately) ~so here are my favorite ffirst 2 of many 15 minutes of fame situations:
1)in my AP biology class , we had to make a video on something with envitro fertilisation...but, we decided it was boring topic so, we got my brother to video tape us while we talked in funny accents and had really funny names like: "mrs.Ho and mrs.Vagino. then, my little 5 year old brother came in the room dressed as a gurl (wasnt planned, i swear hes an attention seeker!) and the brother who was videotaping starting beating him up (also wasnt planned) then, my dog comes in and starts attacking him...then, me and my group were yellinng "fight" and "jerry" in the background while my brothers were screaming and swearing at eachother...(i hav a disfunctional family!)...when i showed this to the class, they went HISTARICAL but, my nice little quite teacher turned into the biggest B**CH ive ever met and she screamed so loud and turned it off even though shes someone who usually reminds me of an angel!

2) This was pretty recent, it was for English class...i had to do a presentation on Rocky horror picture show...i did a really interestingly inappropriate dance to "sweet transvestite" and, i was wearing lingerie!i had a corset on , black underwear, leotard and high HIGH heels...it was hilarious the class loved it and even the teacher loved it but, i felt really embarassed in the costume..anyways, after that, i did a really bad activity...we watched a clip of the movie, and i gave the class objects (rice, newspaper, water bottles , cards, toast and toilet paper)..they were supposed to throw all these objects in the air and at eachother during the film clip...the teacher got so mad and i had to clean it up ...but, it was worth it, i got 100% on it ...dont know how though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom