What tray/frame and lights to get?

What should I get?

• Single Arm Tray with a single video light

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My own Go Pro DIY platform. Uses Go Pro screws so can unscrew the handles for easy back pack carry. Actually fits in my laptop case.

10100.jpg

I haven’t used one, but you’ll be able to create much more stable footage with a traditional tray and two handles, especially when panning.

Taken last year in Cebu with my DIY platform and Go Pro.

. I've been offered a sensible deal on a Bigblue VL4200P, or do you change the tray to something loike a Backscatter GoPro Double Handle but still with a single light?

So really the question is one light and single or double arm or double arm and double lights?

This taken using one Big Blue VL4200P but I do have two just on this dive was using one hand held until I made the mounts for the Big Blue lights

I have emailed @BackscatterUW branch on the east coast, just waiting for a reply. Hopefully they can put together a nice package.

Big Blue VL4200P I use now with my Olympus TG6 and Hero 4. I get great video and it is better to have two lights.
They are great also on night dives but you do need to use the lower power settings.

TG6 HERO4 SETUP.jpg

Just read it, and seems fair.
The main difference is I'm stuck in Italy in lockdown (up to €5000 fine for being out without a valid reason) and want to play, so fiddling around doing this will kill a few hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom