what to wear under your wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny I hadn't seen this discussion before - I wondered the same thing. I am very happy with the solution I came up with for what to wear under my wetsuit in warm climates...

Nike dri-fit lined running shorts, like these:
NikeStore. Shop the Official Nike Store for Shoes, Clothing & Gear

Super comfortable, very thin nylon - but fully lined, dark color - dries in a flash. Can barely feel them under a wetsuit, and they look great when the wetsuit comes off.

I wouldn't dive without them. They are now as important to me as any of my other dive gear.

What!? No 007s sporting a tux under their wetsuits? You never know when a hot Russian spy might appear on the boat or when you might be forced to dock in Monte carlo.

+1 for compression shorts

Depending on the temps and my suit, I wear 1 or 2 mil surfer/diver neoprene shorts or short-short quick dry Birdy Birdwell Beach Britches. I don't go commando and expect to change on the boat (there are kids), unless it's a private boat. Some of the ops I use are on the water and have facilities at the dock. Commando is certainly an option there.

Board shorts are certainly a PIA.

so i am kind of new but i was wondering...

what do you wear under your wetsuit...

i usually just have my swim suit short, or surfing board shorts under my wetsuit but it is not that comfortable...

speedo i think is not and option for the diving ettiquete on the boat.. so i was thinking wearing my board shorts for the ride on the boat. under the board shorts i could wear a long speedo short(Speedo Mens Quantum Spliced Jammer) so before putting my wet suit i take of my board shorts.

what do u wear?

Speedo jammers are the only way to go.

LOL. See my earlier post. Some boats have kids. And some boats have guests who are queasy enough from the rolling seas. LOL

I have lost all modesty after becoming a diver. I went to a small school...we never did the gym shower thing and I never went to football camp or whatever, so I wasn't the type to just walk around a boat wearing jammers...three years into diving and things have changed.

One of my scuba instructors always thought it was funny to take pictures of us trying to put on 7mm suits on our OW checkouts. She definitely caught us in some poses that were less than flattering or modest. Usually they ended up online :idk:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom