What to wear under my wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just purchased a 7mm Henderson full wetsuit and I am having problems with my bathing suits loosening while I dive. When I take the suit off my bathing suit is a mess and falling off of me. I am a new female diver and could use the tips to help solve this problem ASAP. I go for my open water cert next week. :)

Horrible isn't it...specially the helpful male divers unzipping you and stripping half your bathing suit away with it...you could try some lycra tops, maybe buy one size smaller. Had only 3 lessons up 'til now, but it's already annoying.

My wife found a very thin full body skin. She loves it. Not only does it stay in place but it makes putting the 5mm on easier.

I am going to suggest that you were a flimsy two piece, and then come and dive off my boat...

Alternatively, my wife wears old aerobics gear.

Get a lycra dive skin. They're cheap, and in warm water they're often all you need. We just got back from Mexico, and the only time I wore anything other than my dive skin was the cenote dives.
When you do wear a wetsuit, they make it much easier to get the wetsuit on and off, because the lycra is somewhat slippery.

I don't like anything under my wetsuit, however if I drop the towel when changing it scares the wildlife!!

I wear shorts or undies.

Neo Sport Henderson lycra skin. I agree it makes pulling any suit on and off easier. Best $29 you'll spend.

Though it goes against every natural instinct and male hormone in my body, a one piece bathing suit is the solution. A dive skin works too if you want that much coverage. Me, I wear speedos or jammers - I have a high tolerance for embarressment:D Board shorts bunch up too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom