what to wear under drysuit in mediterranean waters in March/April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olmic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey...

I plan to be diving off the south coast of Portugal in a couple of weeks or so, that is, end March, early April. If the water temperature is around, I don't know, 15-17 degree C, what would be recommended to wear under my DUI cf200x drysuit (crushed neoprene)? Here in the Copenhagen-area the water temperature is 1-2 degree C and I typically wear sports underwear, 3 pairs of socks, and a 200 g/m2 thinsulate jumpsuit.

Besides the fact that jeans and tshirt would be really bad if the suit floods, would it be enough to keep warm in mediterranean waters at this time of the year?

Anybody?

Thanks...

General Europe.
nl.gif
be.gif
de.gif
fr.gif
ch.gif
pt.gif
es.gif
it.gif
fi.gif
se.gif
no.gif
dk.gif

Although as far south as the Mediterranean, Southern Portugal is on the Atlantic ocean and is generally cooler than the Med. with more currents, tides & surf mixing
up the water. You might want to take all your underwear and discard what you don't
need after checking local conditions.

Portugal's west coast has heavy surf but the south coast (Algave) is generally calm
and has more sea life than the Mediterranean.

Have a good holiday!

Back
Top Bottom