What to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be going back to Roatan in June and would love to have an underwater camera to take along. I really don't know much about them except that I can't spend a lot on one. Can anyone help steer me in the right direction? That would be great.
Lynn in Georgia

and if you already own a camera (if so, what model), there might be a housing for it.

both sea life and sea & sea make great cameras. it sounds as though you are just starting out in underwater photography. if this is the case either of the these companies have simple point and shoot cameras that are great. price will range somewhere from $450-900. if you want a cheap camera that takes great shots, but don't want to spend a lot of money, try an intova IC500 or IC800. you can get the 500 for about $200.00. click the links below to see photos taken with a couple of different cameras.

Snorkel Kauai Hawaii - The Turtle Tour Private Snorkel Tour - almost all taken with the intova
Scuba Dive Kauai Dive Kauai Scuba Hawaii Vacation Activity - all taken with a canon sd1000 and canon underwater housing

let me know if i can be of more help :)

One good idea is to see if you can demo the camera through your local shop. Some of our SeaLife dealers offer the ability to jump in their pool with the camera to get a good hands on experience before purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom