What to expect on my first "real" dive after OW/AOW certification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't like this post enough, and I can't profess my appreciation for my wife enough. She's AMAZINGLY come to an agreement with me where I can take 'dive breaks' still, even with the addition of our daughter...

She's a saint and so far ok'ed several dive trips where I have, or will, travel solo... these ok'ed trips include Key Largo (1 week), St. Croix, and 16 Days (YES, 16 DAYS!!!) in Cozumel!!! She's also ok'ed a significant investment in gear needed for diving locally...

I'm a firm believer, my diving makes me a better husband, and father...
Mine is the same....while in TCI walking past a dive shop she insisted I go in and inquire about a refresher (after 30 years of out of diving). I ended up doing four DSD's. Went back home and dug out old C-card, did a skills refresher and now I'm hooked again.

I like these suggestions about diving making better husbands and fathers. I think I'm going to have to pull that card myself lol.

My wife asked me the other day what I want for Father's Day, and I'm heavily leaning towards telling her SCUBA gear lol. I've been researching the past week about regs pretty heavily so maybe something along those lines, or maybe a BCD. I haven't tried one on yet but I'm heavily leaning towards a Cressi Travelight due to it being a jacket style and light weight for traveling. It also has fantastic reviews.

The DM that I went with in the Keys also uses a travel BCD as his primary one (I asked him about his) when doing rec diving down there too, so I assume if it's good enough for a DM it's good enough me lol. He is a tec diver as well and said he uses a BP/W one for that kind of diving especially his cave diving. It was pretty interesting to talk to him about his tec diving and how deep he does (deepest was 330ft i believe) and that he is also a free diving instructor. He can hold his breath for 7 minutes. Just picking his brain was very interesting.

And I ask a lot of questions in general because I'm an engineer and it's in my blood to be curious about everything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom