what to equipment to bring and what to rent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nexsus

New
Reaction score
Hello to all of you and I hope this is the right place for my question.

I am going to Cuba for some vacational diving and I wonder what would good to bring and what to rent. The reason I like to bring some of my equpment is that I like to snorkle a lot and this is the equipment i really dont need to rent.

anyway, this is what I plan to bring: divers-watch, mask/snorkel, gloves, 3mm half-suit, boots/finns.

But going to Cuba, shuld I consider bringing more for the safetly? I have never been there?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Nexsus

Never been to Cuba either, and since I'm an American citizen, it woul be difficult to go. You might want to use a search engine such as Google to find the diving conditions and dive operators.

Most equipped divers travel with everything but cylinders and weights. Dive the gear you know and trust.

If you only plan to make a dive or 2 while there then renting more may make some sense.

Pete

If you have your own gear I would take it, if I were you. That's why you have it. Don't know what the rental gear is like there but I'd wonder.

I would never rent anything that is needed to keep me alive and/or that someone else could have gone to the bathroom in or vomitted through.

You spent the money on equipment I would take all but the tanks and weights. This way you wouldn't have to waste time getting used to the rental gear. You would definitely feel more comfortable in your own gear. One thing to keep in mind is airline restrictions. You can check all gear on but it will count as one checked bag. I believe the limit is 2 checked bags per person. Check with your airline for specific requirements. Happy Diving!

I was in Cuba last February, and brought everything but tank, weights, and BC, because I dive a stainless plate. Anyway the gear that was being rented at the two locations I dove with was actually pretty nice. All of it was Scubapro at one location and I believe Mares at the other. It was in good shape from what I saw as well. I still prefer to bring my own regulator at least tho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom