What to do in Belize besides diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We spend 11 days in Belize. Did the Crooked tree/lagoon ride. Spendy, but cool. You basically get paddled down the lagoon and check out the birds and such. Most of the cost is transportation. If you have your own its much cheaper. Did the Zoo... def. recommend it. Stayd a couple nights in San Ignacio. Got the bed bugs too, but the cave tubing was worth it. Make sure you go on a non-cuise ship day as we did.

Pretty much all the "activities" must be done thru a guide, by law. I will look up which guide book we used. I think my wife put up something on igo-ugo or something. I will send a link.

We got our own car for some of the mainland trip. Spendy but worth it. Drove up to Coppola's place. Pretty cool, esp just driving around up there.

Also went to the market in Belize City, which is only there when the ships come it. But it was cool. Got some nice loot for gifts.

Spent 5 or 6 days on Ambergis to dive. If I were to do it again (and I will) I would go to Turneffe Island and just dive there. A coworker did and he loved it - says it is still his best trip. I didnt because of cost, but I wish I did - and I will do it sometime soon'ish.

Jeremy

WOODMAN:
This is not really a scuba question, but I figured that someone here might have some insights for me. My wife and I am seriously considering a liveaboard trip out of Belize City this fall, and my lady wants to take a couple of extra days and see what is down there. Any suggestions? I hear that the Crooked Tree sanctuary is rather interesting, and fairly close, but... Anyone have any info? Woody
Here's a list of things you can do...:D
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1566272&postcount=5

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom