What to do if you test positive before flying home?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Am I sure about what?

Please re-read my comment to which you responded and point out where I said anything about variants to come.
"Of course, delta variant was first document before public vaccinations began. And by "all" do you mean all the people in the US, all the people in Mexico, or all the people in the entire world?"

I was responding to your question "But if people all got vaccinated (barring medical conditions that prevents them), would we have this delta variant?" and the answer is obviously yes. Delta was first identified in Oct 2020 before public vaccinations began so clearly vaccinations did not create delta.
Variants of SARS-CoV-2 - Wikipedia

Btw, you didn't answer my question as to what you mean by "all" vaccinated.
I actually did answer indirectly. But I knew that you wouldn't get it.

You sure about that?

From Delta variant: 8 things you should know about this COVID-19 strain:

8. More COVID-19 variants are likely to come
The Delta variant is currently the most prominent strain of COVID-19, but the Lambda variant out of South America is also emerging. Health experts urge that if people want to get back to normal, a significant portion of the population needs to be vaccinated. As long as a chunk of people across the world are unvaccinated, new strains of the virus will continue to develop and cause problems.
As I said earlier, those who refuse vaccination are not merely neutral in this war, they have joined the other side.

As I said earlier, those who refuse vaccination are not merely neutral in this war, they have joined the other side.
There is a strong correlation between education and vaccination.

I actually did answer indirectly. But I knew that you wouldn't get it.

I didn't realize it was a puzzle. In that case, we're doomed because the entire world will never ever be fully vaccinated against anything, just as it never has before. There will always be a big chunk of the world unvaccinated.

And especially don't do a saline nasal rinse or gargle with Listerine immediately before heading to the clinic, lol.
Of course, goes without saying!

The antigen test is more likely to give a false negative, especially if administered sloppily. We went with the cheapest provider and the worst testing conditions.

You're more likely to test negative the sooner after exposure you get tested. So we got tested as early as possible.

Testing only applies to travel by air. We live in Texas, so I figured that worst case scenario, there must be a bus from Playa to the border, and my wife could fly home and then meet me there (or vice versa).

And off topic, but I thought "We're all in this together." I didn't realize that it's actually "us v. them." Plus the government isn't "obligated" to protect anyone from anything.

Reactions: BRT
Folks this thread has gone so far off the rails, I messaged the mods last night asking them to clean it up. The point here is to give people information on how to handle if they test positive, and things to think about should that happen. That's it. Not have another (pointless) argument with the unreasonable anti-vaxxers that seem to show up in every thread that mentions COVID. I would ask not to clutter up the thread any more before the mods have a chance to clean it up, because your comments may just get deleted anyway.

ok, what is the contingency plan if testing positive abroad before coming home CONUS???
I admit I have not read all eleven (11) pages of this post, but wonder if something does happen while abroad..

Folks this thread has gone so far off the rails, I messaged the mods last night asking them to clean it up. The point here is to give people information on how to handle if they test positive, and things to think about should that happen. That's it. Not have another (pointless) argument with the unreasonable anti-vaxxers that seem to show up in every thread that mentions COVID. I would ask not to clutter up the thread any more before the mods have a chance to clean it up, because your comments may just get deleted anyway.

Then stop reading it, and unsubscribe.
While I understand your point to a degree, (and fully agree with your vax stance), I would argue that moderation is too frequently employed.
I compare threads to a conversation around the dinner table; the conversation meanders.
As long as people play nice in the sandbox and share toys.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom