What to do after Raja Ampat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReadyDiverOne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all, it looks like my wife and I are going to be lucky enough to do the Arenui in late Feb into March 2023. My wife is an avid snorkeler but not a diver. We are looking for ideas as to what to do and where to go after the liveaboard trip. Obviousl Bali comes to mind but would love to hear others' thoughts/suggestions, etc.

Many thanks.

If you can afford Arenui, then you’ll have a blast in Wakatobi Resort. They have nice house reef.

If Bali is your final destination, Mimpi Resort in Menjangan is also nice for snorkeling & diving.

Another place would be Amanwana in Moyo, flying from Bali, like Wakatobi.

Alor Divers has also nice house reef.

February/March is not the best season for Bali - I’ve read it will be hot and humid, you may want to look that up. I’m not sure, but I think also Alor is in low season?

You could stay in RA? Or look into Borneo.

If you can bear being away from the water for a few days and feel slightly adventurous, consider heading to the Baliem Valley. The Papuan mountains are among the more interesting places I ever had the good fortune to visit. We organized hikes through Baliem Valley Resorts that were breathtaking (in both the literal and the figurative sense). The flight in from Jayapura alone is worth the trip. Highly recommended.
Have fun!

If near Bali I’ve heard excellent things about Komodo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom