What thickness wetsuit for West Palm diving in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's hard to recommend wet suit width when each of us vary as to what we consider to be cold or warm. I don't wear a wet suit pretty much year around in West Palm Beach, so for example I might not be the best judge. I can though give you up to date water temperatures and conditions for our area that would give you the information to make that decision easier perhaps. So today 22 Mar 17 we had 78 degrees at depth of 75-80 feet, no thermo-cline. We had divers in 3 mms and board shorts and rash guards. Hope this helps you out a bit.

www.oceanquestscuba.com

Just came back from key largo, was diving 5mil + 3mil vest, all dives were 120'+ and deco stayed comfortable, water temp was 71f at 240'
Thats the coldest I've seen while there

100% agree, I have been on boats where the exposure protection worn by the divers ranged from swim suit to dry suit. I tend to be on the more minimalist scale. A couple of years ago, I bought a 5 mm to wear in WP. I dove it one time as I was burning up in the water. Everyone has differing comfort levels.

It's hard to recommend wet suit width when each of us vary as to what we consider to be cold or warm. I don't wear a wet suit pretty much year around in West Palm Beach, so for example I might not be the best judge. I can though give you up to date water temperatures and conditions for our area that would give you the information to make that decision easier perhaps. So today 22 Mar 17 we had 78 degrees at depth of 75-80 feet, no thermo-cline. We had divers in 3 mms and board shorts and rash guards. Hope this helps you out a bit.

www.oceanquestscuba.com

Seriously? This just goes to show how vastly different each diver's cold tolerance is. Learn which wetsuit your body requires at different temperatures. You can only compare to yourself...not other divers.

When the water is 78 degrees, I'm in a dive skin with a 3 mil shorty over it :facepalm:

well, yesterday the water temp was 77 degrees. I was more than toasty in my 5mm. Might be time to switch to my 3mm in a couple of weeks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom