What the heck is Uniper Public Transit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1KWIK_69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm seeing a whole lot of busses with UNIPER on the side. Obviously this is public transportation of some kind, but I've never noticed them before? Have I just been brain dead before or is this something new? How do they work?

I believe it's tour busses for cruise ship sold tours.

Juniper/Uniper is a bus charter company. Not new. Serves cruise ship passengers as well as general & special-event public transit. Buses with drivers available for hire by private groups.

I tried to board the Uniper Bus last week and the bus driver told me it was a service for the local employees only. He would not let us pay to ride the bus and refused service to us.

I tried to board the Uniper Bus last week and the bus driver told me it was a service for the local employees only. He would not let us pay to ride the bus and refused service to us.
i have heard that before. apparently they take employees to the hotels to work there and then take them home. probably handle cruise ship tours in between.
if they started taking us, there would probably be trouble with the cab drivers.

i have heard that before. apparently they take employees to the hotels to work there and then take them home. probably handle cruise ship tours in between.
if they started taking us, there would probably be trouble with the cab drivers.

I look at the SCC webcam several times a day. I've noticed that there hasn't been any rain on Cozumel for at least a month. Obviously, that's because rain hurts business for the taxi union. :D

Back
Top Bottom