What the heck are these things?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slonda828

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,

I picked up an 80's BC to tinker around with and rebuild, and THESE came on it. Obviously they are some sort of accessory to attach something to the BC, but what the heck are they? Heckle me, point and laugh, but tell me....it's driving me crazy...

S

Attachments

• 101_0752.jpg
    101_0752.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 124
Octo keepers

Did old consoles used to be very large and very square?

I doubt they are from the 80s. I first saw them about 7 or 8 years ago. They work fine, but a snorkel keeper works better and is less expensive.

I said the BC was from the 80's, not that it matters at all...let's also not forget that I didn't pay for them.

Slonda828:
I said the BC was from the 80's

I know. I wasn't contradicting you, merely letting you know they were very probably (just because I didn't see them in the 80s doesn't mean they didn't exist then) much later add ons.

Hi everyone,

I picked up an 80's BC to tinker around with and rebuild, and THESE came on it. Obviously they are some sort of accessory to attach something to the BC, but what the heck are they? Heckle me, point and laugh, but tell me....it's driving me crazy...

S

They are console holders made by Innovative Scuba. They are designed to stretch around the entire console. I think they have been on the market for ten years or so.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom