Question What Suunto Zoop Novo Er Indicator Is This?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agardner

Registered
Reaction score
This thread might be related to this one?

On a dive (max depth 17m) and halfway through the dive, audible alarm then computer shows Er then goes to a depth mode only with Er showing. This occurs at 8m. So my ascent was 17 to 8. No audible alarms before or after that. From memory it was a "flat" (beep boop beep boop) alert - not ascending or descending.

Now, I would swear that I saw a battery indicator near the middle of the screen.

The stats you see below (9.8m and 41mins) are actually the second half of that dive (so after the crash).

Anyway, post dive I toggled back to dive mode and it shows "battery OK".

What does this all mean? Any ideas? Does it mean the battery is on it's way out or something more serious?

tempImageqZzjED.jpg

tempImage1UgYqc.jpg

You may have violated a “ceiling,” ascent rate, or something else. . It probably locked you out for 48 hours. Suunto’s are bad about that. There’s a shearwater perigrine for sale on here you should look at :wink:

Looks like a classic case of RTFM
Troll.

I did RTFM and it wasn't helpful hence I'm here in a supposedly friendly forum with "the experts".

Anyway, dive profile was 16m at 9mins and up to 8m at 16mins so not violating any rates.

Bettery voltage says 3.0 but the manual says nothing about what that value actually means.

Thank you Mark. Yes, two separate dives. One 16mins long (that's the 16m to 9m portion) and the second 41mins long.

I'm in touch with Anna @ Suunto (who FWIW were difficult to contact but when I did - via FB messenger - Anna was / is being very helpful).

I'll keep this thread update as it has been a while since I changed battery but it's still at 3.0 - the manual makes no mention of specific voltages that are good / bad.

Other than the battery, I can't see a reason that it complained. It was a very standard dive that I've done dozens of times.

If I get feedback from Suunto about battery voltages I'll let this thread know as I think it's useful info for all of us.

Anyway, dive profile was 16m at 9mins and up to 8m at 16mins so not violating any rates.

Thank you Mark. Yes, two separate dives. One 16mins long (that's the 16m to 9m portion) and the second 41mins long.
Can you confirm the length of the second dive? In your first post, it sounds like it was 16 minutes, but the second seems to indicate that the computer thinks it was 41 minutes long. Unless your depth sensor is bad, I don't see how those two statements could be true.

While the depths themselves don't seem to be enough to warrant a lockout, there may be other factors going on. If you can download and post the dive profiles, that might be helpful.

Confirm that the lockout has gone. It was only one dive in reality but according to the computer, the "first dive" was 16mins. Crash happens now. The "second dive" starts at 9m and goes for 41mins. In reality, one dive of 57mins.

Attached dive log images in order. Also attached dive log from my buddy which tallies. Notice the 02 / Helium indicator on the "second dive overview screen". Hmmm

Attachments

• dive_log_2.jpg
    dive_log_2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 39
  • dive_log_4.jpg
    dive_log_4.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 48
  • dive_log_3.jpg
    dive_log_3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 39
  • dive_log_5.jpg
    dive_log_5.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 51
  • dive_log_6.jpg
    dive_log_6.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 52
  • dive_log_7.jpg
    dive_log_7.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 37
  • dive_log_8.jpg
    dive_log_8.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 54
  • dive_log_9.jpg
    dive_log_9.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 64
  • battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 48
  • dive_log_1.jpg
    dive_log_1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 42
Same thing happened to me. Repeatedly. I checked all dive profiles, no violation or rapid ascend. Try resetting by holding down all four buttons. Worked for me.

Just to round this out. I heard from Suunto: battery needs replacing every 2 years or 200 dives (whichever is first).

Spoke to a customer support person at another company who services Suunto and he said anything under 3.0 is indicative for a battery change. 3.0v is fine.

You can check the battery status of Suunto Zoop Novo under the general settings. 1. While in time mode, keep [DOWN] pressed. 2. Press [UP] to scroll to Version and press [SELECT] . 3. The software version is displayed along with the battery voltage.

I dived with the unit at the weekend and everything was fine. Putting this down to (my) user error violating some limit - still have no idea what it could have been.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom