what speargun's length to choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I owned a Beuchat Mundial Elite 96cm (I think they market it as a 100cm) for about 5yrs. a GREAT gun! I installed a JBL rail on it which made a world of difference (more quiet, faster reloads, and a little better in accuracy) but I belive the new Carbon models have an integrated rail. with a single set of 20mm bands and a single wrap of line it would kill effectively (realworld use) out to 3-3.5m from muzzle, with astounding accuracy. I recently sold this gun (now use a 90cm Omer MAster America Teak), but have many fond memories with it. my deepest freediving kill was with that beuchat (a crevalle @ 89ft)d. was an excellent all around gun. it;s now in the hands of a rookie spearo, hope he enjoys it as much as I did.

check out the boys over at www.medfish.com, quite a beuchat following.

Hi again Friend.
As soon as you've more experience than I do I would like to listen to your proposition...
The lengths they advertised at their site, I mean BEUCHAT, include 90 cm and 1m.
What would you choose Amphibious, be you the one who take the decision?
( Don't forget, I'm just 1.7 m tall :)) )
Thank you again Amphibious.
Pavel

I don;t think you can go wrong with either. I'm 175cm and can handle a 100cm gun no problem. I think the bigger question is "how strong are you?" wrestling some of those 20mm bands takes a thick upperbody :D

can you try some out before you buy?

Hi Amphibious!
Donno how strong I'm, but I've spent 3 years in one of israeli elite forces.
Moreover, still joining the army as reservist every year.
Yes, I do can try it, but you know Amphibious, it may be like first month in marriage :))
That's why I need Your experience...
I mean what would you use Amphibious if one of goals should be ease use ?
Thank you again Friend.
Pavel

get the 100cm with a singe 20mm band, and rig it with a single wrap. and go hunting!

I shoot with a couple former-IDF guys from time to time, good shots :D

Thank you very much Amphibious!
That's what I would do.
90 cm is probably good for reefs, but it wouldn't be in the case of open water, but 100 cm is good for reefs as well as it can cover open water either.
Am I right Amphibious?
Thank you again.
Pavel

you won't go wrong with either. the 100cm gives you a little more range and striking power then the 90.

go with which ever one makes your eyes twinkle :D

My Friend Amphibious, thank You for the help and experience You've shared with me.
Trust me, I adore it.
You know, there're some things You'd never get with any money. Your help's one of them.
My wife's bought me a present in a kind of speargun :)) I already had two: 40cm and 70cm BEUCHAT pomp guns. The third was 90cm long carbone speargun. The one You can see here :

http://www.beuchat.fr/catalogue/index.cfm?action=voir_produit&scat=13&idp=303

It has a special slot for a shaft.
1m long was a little big for me :))
Its cost was about 350 USD.
My wife's told me also she'd never get divorced from me cause I'd already costed too much for her :))
The only thing I'm dreaming of now is an air compressor to not depend on a diving center.
But it can come true just on the next summer cause I've to send my parents to the Los Angeles to meet my father's brother. He's too old and sick and must see my dad before You know...
My wife also never saw Your Best State all over the World so I've to take her to the New York on the winter... Even jews celebrate Christmas in this century :))
Well we've always did even in the army, especially guys, who was born in the state, never exist anymore, USSR.
Now Russia's our enemy cause they hate USA, that's why we'll fight them, just let us...
As we'd do in Iraq if USA let us...
Your israeli Friend Pavel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom