What skills do you actually learn in a Solo course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How the heck you going to dive for 40 minutes at 100' on a single tank? Even if you could stay at the bottom that long due to an excellent SAC rate you'd surely be into deco and need more gas for the stops.
Your assuming a square profile. I often do a total of 60 minutes with a max of 30m without going into deco.

Your assuming a square profile. I often do a total of 60 minutes with a max of 30m without going into deco.

True. Or at least a profile with much of the bottom time spent at 100'.

Swim away from and return to your rig at depth? That would prove monumentally difficult if not impossible.

Not if you are wearing a weight belt and breathing off of a pony.

.5 sac rate on an LP85 at 3600 PSI. That’s 2cu’/minute at 4ata. 116cu’ in tank. I believe 36% will allow 40 minutes NDL. But I’m guessing. Of course you’ll be pedantic and say this is 1.44ata not under 1.4. The fact is, a phone call to DAN and their 6500+ reported cases of DCS, they will confirm tox below a 1.6. If you can’t take my word for it. Call them. They are great to talk to.

But, I didn’t mean “below” 100’. I mean below 4.0ata. So 3.9 or less. 4.1 would be above 4.0ata. :)

I see the confusion. I should have cut and pasted the paragraph.

How the heck you going to dive for 40 minutes at 100' on a single tank? Even if you could stay at the bottom that long due to an excellent SAC rate you'd surely be into deco and need more gas for the stops.

F37AA7AF-01D5-471C-A884-A1DE7B0724C2.jpeg

This is what we call a lobster hunting dive in WPB, Florida.........

Swim away from and return to your rig at depth? That would prove monumentally difficult if not impossible.
Not to worry; it is not a skill in either the SDI or the PADI course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom