what size wing for double 120"s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobin, i should not have to wear any weight with the doubles at all. I wear no weight with a single tank& wing, the lift is 45lbs. The doubles are going to give me more weight correct? The only change is i am going to be diving dry.

You are using ballast in your singles rig.

*Ballast* is anything that does not float.

You are using a back plate

You are using a regulator

You are using some type of cylinder.

You are now going to be switching to a drysuit of unknown buoyancy.

You don't know enough about your gear for anybody to provide more than a guess about what you need for a wing.

Tobin

Ho man, you are in trouble now that Tobin has chimed in. I was trying to get ya all ready in case he did and perhaps saving him from chiming in again. All I have to say is listen to what he says very carefully and seriously do the homework he recommends as not only will ensure you get the right wing but more importantly you know why.

I am going to be diving double 120;s soon. ... Can anyone suggest what lift i would need with this kind of weight. I will be diving dry, if that helps also.
I dive a Halcyon Explorer 55 with my double 120s, dry, with a SS BP. In fresh water, lift is more than adequate. (I also have an Oxycheq 50 that I don't feel is quite right for my 120s, with a SS BP. Perhaps that is perception, rather than reality, but it feels that it is right at the edge of adequate, in fresh water.) With AL, I probably would be fine with a little less. Whatever Tobin suggests, I woiuld view as excellent advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom