what should i use to clean my mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robya

Registered
Reaction score
hi what should i use to get rid of the water spots on the mask,my mask is a clear colour,if it helps my mask is a oceanic mini shadow which i have only used twice.i'm completly new to scuba i have only been out twice so far.:D and i love it:snorkels:

Hi there Robya -

By water spots I assume you mean drops of water on the glass rather than discoloration of the clear frame over time?

Scrub the glass clean with plain white toothpaste and rinse with water until water no longer beads on the glass surface - it should form a flat film of water when clean. Should take a minimum of 5 minutes.

Then mix 50/50 baby shampoo and water. Drop a bit in each. drain off excess then most importantly let it dry. Then put on and dive - don't touch the inside of the glass. Should keep you mask fog and water drop free.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Use toothpaste
new mask use lighter remove the lubricant

Welcome to Scuba Board

hi thanks for your help .for adding the baby shampoo mixture go you rub it in with your finger than gently rinse?do you only put the baby shampoo on the inside of mask?

I actually use it to clean the entire mask at the end of the day but ot defog, yes.

you guys wash your masks?

Why so strange...guys don't wash MASK???

I've washed all 4 of my masks at one time or another. One of them I washed because I found it on the bottom and it had been there for so long it was encrusted with stuff, I almost tossed it back except I tend to pick up garbage and pack it out if I can. It cleaned up really well and now I have a Black X Vision as well as a clear one.

I use soap and water, then dry off. The clear masks tend to show water spots on the silicone portion rather easily and after so many dives it turns kind of a crusty white and that's what I clean off along with the glass.

thanks guys for your help i went diving this weekend and before i went i washed my mask really good al the spots came off (yes)and i used baby shampoo for defog and it worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom