What shop equipment do you DIY guys have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

13" Southbend Lathe, 32" x 16" y 20"z cnc atrump mill with centroid control, harbor freight saw,lincoln 170 mig welder , beltsander bench grinders sandblaster tons of misc. stuff .
what a blast need to find more time in the shop for fun!

Ohhh I like the mill. What CAD/CAM software are you using with it?

I have a 10" tablesaw set up with a 7' table that has a router table at the end.
Floor standing radial drill press.
2.5 HP 20gal. Compressor
14" bandsaw with 12" resaw extension.
16" Planer
7" Jointer/planer
Benchtop Osilating drum sander
16" metal chopsaw
Routers
6" grinder
6" buffer
Scrollsaw
14" Wood lathe
10" compound mitersaw
2hp dust collector
Overhead particle collector
Overhead fans
Air Conditioner
Mig welder
Vacuum pump
Pressure washer
Assorted -pnuematic tools-wrench,chop,hammer,DA,inline sander,jitterbug,tinsnips
Jack
Jackstands
More hand tools than I care to count or inventory and the rollaways and cabinets they go into.
Storage cabinets and shelving unit
HVLP Painter sprayer
Sharpening stones
Multmeter
I'm sure I'm overlooking quite a bit as the list could go on. lol

Several hammers.

Bob
------------------------
You only need two tools in life – WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the Duct Tape.

Damned Craigs list, make that 2 6x19 lathes.....but got some accessories I was wanting for my other 6x19. :)

Damned Craigs list, make that 2 6x19 lathes.....but got some accessories I was wanting for my other 6x19. :)

Funny how tool collections always seem to grow! I'm wondering how long before I'm planning an addition to my new garage. :D

Now that you mention it, I got a sewing maching in the lathe deal. I was going to strip it for parts......but maybe I need to reconsider that.

Now that you mention it, I got a sewing maching in the lathe deal. I was going to strip it for parts......but maybe I need to reconsider that.

I know a little less than squat about sewing, but I am told that a machine with a walking foot makes sewing heavy material and multiple layers easier; especially for those like me with no sewing skill. Mostly I wanted to sew ballistic fabrics, Nylon webbing, and 2-3mm Nylon-2 foam Neoprene.

I was just thinking today about getting onto craigslist and hunting for an industrial sewing machine to help cut down the amount of money I'll be spending on having someone else make the custom bikini top and cockpit cover for my Locost 7 along with some scuba goodies :D
My shop/ garage is rather full up right now, I have a Bridgeport Series 1 mill with Accurite DRO and X, Y power-feeds; a 1940 LeBlond Regal 17x36 with 2J collet chuck and a 3-Jaw chuck; Thermal Dynamics True 52 plasma cutter; Miller Synchrowave 350-LX TIG and Millermatic 212 MIG welders, plus gobs of tooling for the mill and lathe, 60-gal air compressor, and many many other tools plus a bunch of clamps all in one stall of a 3-car garage :shocked2:
Tools are a crazy addiction :wink:
:cheers: Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom