What`s Manado like during Feb. - March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

415Gem

Reaction score
Hello dreaming about another trip. I want to go to Sulawesi and was wondering what weather/water conditions are like? Thanks:14:

Well, its not high season, but the weather in this part of the world is rarely what you would call "bad". Some rain may lead to decreased vis. In Lembeh, with its muck diving that doesn't make much difference. You can choose from the west side (Manado, Bunaken) or Lembeh in the east. March should be better than February, but we fragile humans can't control the weather!

Manado Tourist Information

Yes - try and leave it as late as you can I think. Why not email and ask them? Sometimes you get local variations. Try info@lumbalumbadiving.com - they have shore diving at their jetty and boat diving Manado/Bunaken.

As a rule, it's rainier in Sulawesi from November up to about March than the rest of the year, and from March to May the rains diminish. Water temps this time of year average about 28°C/82°F.

415Gem:
Hello dreaming about another trip. I want to go to Sulawesi and was wondering what weather/water conditions are like? Thanks:14:

Quero:
As a rule, it's rainier...
Its all a question of probability. In March you will probably have a great trip. If you go in April you may get some rain.

I live in Phuket. Our low season/wet season is (about) May - October. Last week we had really poor weather. My family has visited from the UK 2 times in July, and in a total of 5 weeks, I would say we had 4 weeks good weather, and only a couple of really nasty days.

In summary, the weather will do as it pleases. We do not live in a hurricane zone, the wet season may be a bit damp sometimes, but nothing to stop us enjoying the water!

Back
Top Bottom