What Regulator is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could you take a picture of looking directly into the mouth piece?

Left hand thread, Swiss made and from the general construction of the A clamp you can see that it's a mid 1970's design. That may make it a Beuchat but the only regulator I know of that had "swiss made" stamped right on it was an APAG.

Question now, is the exact date of manufacture and the name of it.

Can you post the serial number if you can find it? Regulators of that era often had the date of manufacture worked into the serial number.

R..

p.s. let me google around a bit. Maybe I can find more.....

Left hand thread, Swiss made and from the general construction of the A clamp you can see that it's a mid 1970's design. That makes it a Beuchat.

Question now, is the exact date of manufacture and the name of it.

Can you post the serial number if you can find it? Regulators of that era often had the date of manufacture worked into the serial number.

R..
Here are the only numbers that could possibly be a serial number on the first stage. 17225

Complicating matters, there is no guarantee that the first and second stages are from the same manufacturer.

Also attached to the octopus is a SeaPro regulator, not sure what model but it seems to be 1970s.

Can't find anything more based on those pictures. There was a Swiss regulator called a Submarex that was based on a balanced piston/side venting design but I don't see anything similar on Google.

Judging from the cheap plastic 2nd stage I'm still thinking that it was a French design, so I'm still thinking Beuchat because of the family ties. It's definitely not a Poseidon (wrong origins) or a Dacor because Dacor didn't make side venting regulators in the mid-late 1970's as far as I know. So that eliminates the two most obvious suspects.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom