What regulator do you use as your backup reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

they shouldn't have freeflowed at 10bar, tuning the second down would have been just as easy. Specs for the MK25 does say 9.5bar though, so tuning it back to that just puts it back in spec. Some techs tune the first stages a bit steep to 10bar, but it's why it is so important to tune the second stages to the first stages they'll be used on

My singles gear has a SP G250V for the backup and an X650 for primary on an MK25 1st stage. My doubles are Hog D1 1st and 2nd stages.

X650 doesn't have an unscrewable faceplate.

Lets keep it dir in the dir forum.

Okay, so I've decided to use my extra S600 as my backup reg on my necklace. One question about keeping it DIR. So in order to be able to unscrew the faceplate on the regs, I'd have to remove the pin in the side that prevents the faceplate from unscrewing. Is that what everyone that dives these regs does? I don't know how easily the faceplate could be remove with gloves on underwater without some sort of tool.

What does everyone else do that uses these regs?

Bruce

Throw the pin into the circular file. With that thing gone its REAL easy to open them up.

I think you can find explanation in GUE book : "The Fundamentals of Better Diving" from Jarrod Jablonski.
The backup regulator should be a non-air-balanced, lower performance regulator that
will be less likely to free flow uncontrollably. For example, a diver may
use a high performance first stage for his/her primary, but should consider
a less sensitive a backup regulator.
I use two MK25 with two S600 without pins, backup just in pre-dive mode.
In pre-dive it never going to free flow and very easy to switch to "dive" if needed.

Same as primary, a DR RG3000.

I have a S600's for primary and back up on my doubles regs. Easy to turn down when not in use and easy to turn up if needed.

There is a
R295 for a back up on my single reg

I'm an Apeks fan....so I use Tek 3 firsts with XTX50 primary and necklace turned down. As the others with high performance 2nds have posted, no problems. :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom