What regs do you use for tech diving and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does no one here dive Atomic? I dive two Atomic M1's and love them. Do people have a problem with them?

David

There is one shop around here that really pushes the Atomics. They breathe great, but I have heard of a few people having freeze ups with them being piston first stages in the cold we deal with here.

So do you have any recommendation for any particular brands that offer better porting and hose routing?

It will be difficult to find any that route better than the MK25.

I have used MK25/G250HPs, five of them, without issue for the last several years. Most of my dives are in the 150-200' range in the Great Lakes with water temps from 37-45F. They have been under the ice without issue as well. Yesterday I bought two of the MK25/G250V regs and I hope they are as trouble free as the HPs have been.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.JPG
    IMG_1342.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 282
I use the Aqualung Legend for my doubles, and the Aqualung Titan LX for my deco/stage tanks.

Does no one here dive Atomic? I dive two Atomic M1's and love them. Do people have a problem with them?

David

I dive M1's and love them. They are a bit pricey to rebuild with Cristo-Lube packing. But they breath easy.

I don't dive in really cold water so I can't answer questions about free flows

Cheers

Steve

Sort of a dated thread but what the heck.

Main on doubles - Poseidon Xtreme w/ 7' hose (DIN)
2nd on doubles - Poseidon Jetstream (DIN)
Deco 1 (O2 greater than 40%) - Mares Rebel 12 Nitrox
Deco 2 (if used, O2 less than 40%) - Aqualung Legend ACL

The aqualung is my "recreational" regulator...so it is brought in if need be. I love Poseidon regulators, and have on and off used a jetstream for 20+ years. They aren't cheap...but I have had really good luck with them. The Xtreme is the main and the reason I used a jetstream for the backup is that it has a predive/dive switch that I can use to prevent any freeflowing. Poseidon does quite well in cold water.

Feel like the odd man out here...didn't see anyone using Poseidons but me?

scuba pro
mk25/600's
g250's
free parts for life which saves $$
there's always a shop to service them (or supply parts)
work well, breathe easy

dave

Good call. It's been scientifically proven that diving in properly matched gear greatly reduces the turbulence caused when water passes over conflicting colors. It's the same effect as when your girlfriend tries to run uphill for three miles in four feet of snow and her shoes and handbag don't match. It can have a tremendous impact on your SAC and even eliminate an unnecesary predisposition for dcs injury.

(If any of that makes sense, you should quit diving and get into rehab immediately.)

Back
Top Bottom