What regs are you using for stage/deco cylinders?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on Halcyon H50D Aura combos, they were cheaper than Apeks when I was buying sets. Seem to be good deals on them consistently available. They breathe really nicely, subjectively I find them a much nicer breathe than the Apeks.
Rich

I am UK based, all my regs are Apeks, mostly XTX200's and XTX50's, I just ended up with loads of XTX40 which ended up using for all my stage/deco cylinders. But good idea on changing them to XTX50's.

I should probably say that all of my current deco/bailout/stage regs are from @Deep6_Official and I no longer own any Apeks regs *that I can remember, though I think I have a TX40 somewhere and my O2 reg for my CCR is a blanked off DS4*. The guys over at Deep6 know that if there is a time when Deep6 is objectively a better option then I will fight for that option to the end of the earth, but only if it is in fact the best option. In your case, I do actually fully believe that the Deep6 Signature is a better designed and built regulator than anything that Apeks produces, but that isn't the end-all be-all for deciding on a regulator. The issue is that the formula for "best regulators" is not exclusive to the best design or build quality and we have to factor in all of the variables relevant to each diver. In your case you already own several Apeks regulators, you also live in the country that they are manufactured, and you also can get repair parts freely unlike the N. American market. That will tip the scales in favor of staying with your existing Apeks regulators because that is the best choice for you given the weights to each of the variables for you. Those variables will never tip in the favor of using Apeks regulators in N. America unless you are required to use them for a shop that you work for, but because you are in the UK, the formula is very different.

Deep6 Signature and Mk10/G250 combos. I still have a DGX reg on my O2 bottle. When it goes, I'll get a Deep6.

@happy-diver any chance you know of similar products for AL core 2nds?

My technically superior system of things having studied tiny pictures that I can barely see is to buy it, and try it

then you can come back on here as a popular inventor of things alas something I strive for but will not achieve

I feel confident

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom