What printer you use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just wondering for all the digital photographers what type of printer you use.

:cheeky:
Me: HP Stylus 7550

Epson Photo 900, works ok for me so far.

Use for what? Photos? I use an old HP Deskjet 712C. It wasn't bought for photos but it does an acceptable job for snapshots for a photo album.

I researched getting a photo printer. Like all with a digital camera, I had thoughts of printing my own photos and covering the walls in 8x10's! The printer is the cheap part. The paper and ink to print those photos will eat your lunch! In the end I decided to pay the 19 to 29¢ per 4x6 print and maybe $4 max for 8x10's at the local WalMart or
ever the pro shops are now printing digitals for that price. The secret is getting someone to work with you to tweak the machine to produce good blues. Omce you do, you can follow that formula on most machines.

In the end, it's lots cheap than printing yourself.

I dont print photos anymore. Its easier, cheaper, and better to outsource it to the likes of Walmart or Ritz. The only thing it is not is faster.

A Canon i960 for everything up to 8X10 , the fastest printer I've seen ! For everything bigger (13" W X whatever) an Epson 1280.

Stingray81888:

I've had HP and Canon - ink and paper get expensive and the performance is variable. Burned thru 2 Canon printheads and they are not cheap. I'm done with printers except for occasional immediate needs. Go with Walmart/Sams Club, OFoto or Shutterfly. Have had excellent results from all. Sams Club usually gets my prints done in less than 45 minutes while I kick around the store.

Stingray81888:

We got a HP photosmart 245 as a tip from a very nice dive guest.

It prints 4x6's and we're pretty happy with the results...they are just a bit sensitive and scratch easily if you are impatient like me.

We use it when we need something fast, other wise...like the others I go to a local photo shop to get the pictures I need printed.

I use a canon i860 ... and everyone is right, it ain't cheap. But I like being able to do everything myself at my leisure. That alone makes it worthwhile to me. Not only that, I make custom CD labels using my photos for my photo CDs as well.

what i use depends on what im doing or the desired effect.

personally
HP photosmart 230 (mainly used for quick prints or to hand out to people to show)
Canon i950 (thats almost brand new because he got it back in august and we havent messed with it to much yet)

Epson 2200p (this is my main work horse because i can do everything from 4x6's through 13x19 (which is the largest inkjet print i have done) and will last a very long time, it also does B&W to but i havent been really impressed with that, which is making me look at HP7660 or 7990 which ever one has the 8 ink tanks)

coming soon
kodak 8500 dye sub print for photo pro lab quality prints that just pop out at you.

then if i feel confident i can go into the schools lab and use there enlargers and i can go all the way up to 60x40 inch prints if i choose to, for during my photo class i have spent plenty of time in the lab doing prints, you will never look at what a fuji frontier printer can do untill you have to do the print your self from start to finsh a good quality print take 1 hour to do and get right.

its late and im tired i will catch you after a few

tooth

Canon S9000, A3+ printer......stunning prints and fast too!

No real problems with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom