What ppO2 do you use and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max 1.4 working and max 1.6 resting.

1.4 ata and I rarely hit that. Most commonly diving with 32% (MOD 33 metres) and rarely even get to 30 metres when I'm diving unless I have a reason to do so. I am aware there are different schools of thought on the 1.4 / 1.6 / 2.0 debate but since a lot of clever people have done a lot more research into the whole thing than I have, I'll stick with the conservative limit all the same.

Working I will peak at 1.4 ppO2. Most of the dive is below that.

Deco I will peak at 1.6 ppO2 and try minimise time at this level. If conditions allow, I will move my six meter stop to a level between 3 and 5 meters as soon as my deco algorithm allows.

I have done a quick bounce to 1.8 for less than a minute to assist a buddy.

Very few people have survived an oxtox attack in the ocean, so I respect oxygen.

1.2 during dive, 1.6 for deco.

I use 1.4 with 1.6 contingency. I know from experience im OK with 1.4 but I USUALLY dont go above 1.3 due to using mainly 32% and single tanks.

I use 1.6 as my limit. I exercise increased caution above 1.4 - short exposure times and low levels of effort.

I dive 1.2 throughout the dive on my hammerhead as my diving doesn't require anything lower. If I was diving open circuit I would dive 1.4 max for bottom gas and 1.6 for decompression.

1.2 working, 1.4 when need and deco, 1.6 deco.

Just a reasonable amount of conservatism when doing technical dives.

I have a slightly higher than average risk for undeserved DCS so I set my computer for 1.5 and when able dive Nitrox 36. In practice, I have never exceeded 1.4.

Back
Top Bottom