What Package should I buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andybi78

Reaction score
Should I go for a mares abyss package or should I go for a jetstream Package, I have read that the jetstream is a good cold water reg but really I only dive abroad in warm water to a max of 30 metres, will it still give me good performance or should I pay more for the mares kit.

Everyone will have their own opinion, but here is mine.

Go with the jetstream I have dived in them in both shallow and deep water and it was fine. I prefer Cyklons but that is just me.

I can't see why you would pay more for another reg if the Poseidons are cheaper?

if you must choose between those two. The Jetstream has a strange mechanical feel to the breathing, it's not natural at all.

Why are you set on one of those?

If these are your only two options I would definately go with the jetstream.

There's *no* reason to go for the Jetstream. At or above 100 feet, it will not give you better performance. It's a pain to deal with and requires special tools to take apart. Its breathing does not feel natural at all, it's very mechanical and many people, myself included, hate it. The Mares, on the other hand, is a great performer and feels far more natural while breathing.

Have you considered any other brands besides Poseidon and Mares?

How about a ScubaPro reg? Mk20/S600 or Mk25/G250HP?

Well, if Scubapro was mentioned, you know Apeks has to be. Look at the ATX50/DS4 or ATX40/DS4. Both would be well suited for your needs.

Thomas

Jetstream/Odin regs will out last most other regs. I know many folks who have 20-30 year old Odins & guess what.... They still work. That's because they've change very little in the way they are made. These regs have been an industry leader for nearly 30 years & anyone who tells you different has a hidden agenda.

Now the parts are going to be more expensive, but some dealers will cut you some slack.

Let the flaming begin. :)

Back
Top Bottom