What non-diving accomplishments have you made in 2006?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhampton82

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have seen a couple of threads asking about how many dives did everyone make in 2006 and what classes everyone took, etc. Now I'm kinda curious, what kinda non-diving accomplishments everyone has made this year. I'll start this off.

1. Quit smoking on Christmas day
2. Learned to bartend and get a job doing it
3. Didn't drink any alcohol in 2006 (and yes I am a bartender)
4. Got my life back semi-normal after years of partying
5. hm....... ok next :D

Dropped my weight of 232 lb to only 150 lb average from May to November. That was probably the biggest accomplishment in my whole life. :)

Hrmmmmm

1. Reconnected with my girls on a level we all needed by getting out of a bad marriage.
2. went from a size 12 to a size 6
3. fell in love (wow! when it's the real thing, not much else matters)
4. got the dog I always wanted but was never "allowed" to get (see #1)
5. trained with one of the most elite SWAT teams for almost a year (can now pull my weapon from my purse, fire a head and a chest shot in under 2 seconds while maintaining a perfect OODA cycle)
6. survived one very serious car crash, walked away with my kids completely untouched (someone was watching over me pretty closely that day)
7. This year I FINALLY realized what is and isn't important in life. Stuff is just stuff, you can always replace it.
Currents change, sometimes not in the direction we think they should but if we relax and drift the ride, we're bound to see some amazing things.
Good friends are like family, they love you no matter what and always find rime to fit you into their busy lives.
Last of all, you can't force someone to do what's right. They set their own moral values and choose to do as they please, regardless to whom they hurt. Often these people find themself alone at night with no true friends or reasons to exsist.

Kudos to those of you that are getting back in shape, diving is a great reason to get healthy.

I've used it as a motivation to start getting back in shape, dropped about 15 pounds last year, and want to drop 20 more.

[edit] Baitedstorm, sounds like you've had a heck of a year as well-glad to hear you got out of a bad marriage and improved your relationship with the kiddos . . . and I'll be sure to never piss you off . . .

baitedstorm:
Hrmmmmm

1. Reconnected with my girls on a level we all needed by getting out of a bad marriage.
2. went from a size 12 to a size 6
3. fell in love (wow! when it's the real thing, not much else matters)
4. got the dog I always wanted but was never "allowed" to get (see #1)
5. trained with one of the most elite SWAT teams for almost a year (can now pull my weapon from my purse, fire a head and a chest shot in under 2 seconds while maintaining a perfect OODA cycle)
6. survived one very serious car crash, walked away with my kids completely untouched (someone was watching over me pretty closely that day)
7. This year I FINALLY realized what is and isn't important in life. Stuff is just stuff, you can always replace it.
Currents change, sometimes not in the direction we think they should but if we relax and drift the ride, we're bound to see some amazing things.
Good friends are like family, they love you no matter what and always find rime to fit you into their busy lives.
Last of all, you can't force someone to do what's right. They set their own moral values and choose to do as they please, regardless to whom they hurt. Often these people find themself alone at night with no true friends or reasons to exsist.

Remind me to never anger you if you are carrying a purse.

Finished the book I started writing in 2004. Now to find a publisher.

Assuming the final project is accepted, completed my MBA. Now "all" I need is a job.

Way to go everyone, its good to hear about your weight loss Roy and dsteding(something I need to work on myself for next year.

Great job baitedstorm with your many many accomplishments!

Good job to you Green, I have the most utmost respect for someone who can actually sit down and write a book. I dont think I could write more then 2 pages without giving up :D Let me know if it gets published!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom