What makes it special to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alcina has been married for years....just doing the real ceremony now....and they are doing it in coz

OOOOOhhhhh. well then, if the marriage WORKS, all the more reason to celebrate!

Cheryl, if you planned it...I bet it was really beautiful. It sounds like it.

I was married in June 2002. The comments I still get are about the dog the chocolate table instead of a cake and the car. It was an outdoor wedding and even though the ceremony was at 10:30am it was amazingly hot for Ohio (90 degrees). We were married in front of my in-laws pond and our yellow lab was the ring bearer. My sister-in-law turned her loose at the back of the rows of seats and she walked straight down the aisle toward the pond and sat down beside Bruce so he could remove the rings (I'm sure the pond was MUCH more inviting!). I followed my bridesmaids in a 1965 Corvair convertible "prom queen" style with my dress flowing over the entire trunk and nearly low enough to tangle in the wheels. Dad was driving and we stopped right behind the last row of guests, dismounted and walked up the aisle. Those are the two things I still hear people talking about to this day. The chocolate table was cool too but since it was so hot out we had some melting issues. Luckily the girl who made it (I had gotten the idea from her wedding--cakes are too common!) made most of the chocolate as fruits/cookies dipped in chocolate so you could eat them without getting messy. We had baskets of chocolate covered popcorn on the table as decorations and it was either completely empty or untouched. The ones that were brave enough to risk a little melted chocolate on their fingers still rave about the popcorn. We used cheap plastic table cloths and put markers on the tables (black for red tablecloths and red for white ones) so people could write messages/draw pictures, whatever, then I cut them all out after the wedding and they are in the stuff that's going in the wedding book. (It was kind of like signing a wedding yearbook and the guests had some fun with it). I also sent as many of the decorations home with the guests as I could :)

I don't remember most of the weddings I've been to. The chocolate table in lieu of a cake is something that stands out from my friend's wedding. Other than that for the most part they are hot and boring. I love a REALLY short ceremony, air conditioning, something to do while people are being seated (coloring pages and crayons would be really thoughtful!)

Good luck on your special day! I hope yours is a memorable as ours was!
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom