What makes a diver DIR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That didn't take as long as I expected. It was a serious question BTW.
Instead of trolling for answers, try answering it with what you think it is and then we can discuss it.

Well, people do like to throw around the word holistic. But as far as I can see...I haven't been told who to breed with. What job to take
03.gif

I guess you don't have DIR parents then.

This question, which is asked periodically, is always met with derision. But there are certainly some people who think it is a valid question to ask -- my post-class e-mail debrief with David Rhea consisted of five questions to answer, and one of them was, "Do you consider yourself a GUE (which I assumed was the new version of the older "DIR") diver, and if so, explain why."

JeffG:
Instead of trolling for answers, try answering it with what you think it is and then we can discuss it.
But you can't really discuss it on the internet, without getting flamed, or trolled.

Me, a GUE diver? No, not a member. DIR diver? Yes, because I try to follow that system.

my post-class e-mail debrief with David Rhea consisted of five questions to answer, and one of them was, "Do you consider yourself a GUE (which I assumed was the new version of the older "DIR") diver, and if so, explain why."

He was asking you these questions??

Care to share all 5? (although you are free to keep you answers private) I didn't undertake this "email debrief" business after any of my courses.

I think this is something personal to David.

The questions were:

1) What are your strengths?
2) What are your weaknesses?
3) How do you plan to address them?
4) Are you, or do you consider yourself to be a GUE diver?
5) Explain the answer to #4.

I don't think he would mind me sharing these. They are good questions, I think, that we should ask ourselves (with the editing that #4 could be "DIR" or "Unified Team" depending on where you are).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom