What Makes a Diver "DIR" ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No

Which is covered under "Policy"

Well, people do like to throw around the word holistic. But as far as I can see...I haven't been told who to breed with. What job to take :wink:

The only thing "outside" diving is just the understanding that fitness plays a part in your diving.

This is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. I have been an off and on diver for 3 decades. Can't do it now but used to free dive to 70'. Rec divers are just basically cruising. Just like we all do each day going back and forth to work. We usually don't get into a situation comparable to an Indy500 driver. Dive long enough and you will. I have, and I was lucky. So a typical rec diver will most likely not encounter a situation that suddenly demands extreme effort and focus, but.....dive long enough and it will happen.

just a salami sandwich. Shoulda' known better than to post with the angels.

oh gee.. so now i am "non sequitur"

:D

bump.

Haha - Jeff,

I got about half way through this and was thinking to myself - "oh no, not this again, but it is bringing out some people I haven't seen in a while." After Brians post about AG needing to come up with a new term for his "flavor" of DIR I finally looked up at the dates.

Thanks - (uh not really :wink:)

Hunter

Oh god, is this going to revive the whole "light on left hand cause you trigger from right" thing?

Oh god, is this going to revive the whole "light on left hand cause you trigger from right" thing?
Important stuff

This sounds like the arguments martial artists have had over the centuries about what the best martial art is. One wise one said "There are many paths up the mountain, but only one peak."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom