What light(s) to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a Sea Star from PrincetonTec. It leaked in 45 feet of water. (Perhaps some silicone grease would have prevented that? I was using it as it came out of the package.) Stupid me... I didn't even bother to bring the light home after the dive. My understanding is that PrincetonTec is pretty good about their lifetime warranty.
I have a Light Cannon HID that doesn't light up very often. I have sent them an email on the issue, but was advised that I'd need to call them. (I haven't called yet.) When the light Cannon DOES light up, it's a bright light. I've heard the bulbs are delicate for the Cannon, so have a backup you trust. I won't recommend the Light Cannon, until mine is working right.
I'll be sure to have a Cyalume as a backup for all night dives. No battery compartment to leak.

I guess I have to give my two cents as well....If you are going to do alot of night dives I would suggest you get as good of a main light as you can aford. The secondary is also important but a cheaper one will do. I have an older UK 600R as my main light and a $39 dollar one for a back up. I am now looking for a better...Brighter....one now. I should of spent the money and bought a better...brighter....one right away. It seems like alot of money at first but pays for itself latter. Hope this helps you
:bonk:

Back
Top Bottom