What length of corrugated hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm starting to get my gear setup a little better for my Intro to Tech class, and I need to swap out the corrugated inflator on my Zeagle Manta wing. The first question is what length is commonly used for this, or is it an experimental kind of thing to see what works? Secondly, the shop in my area that handles a lot of tech diving gear, stocks Dive Rite inflator elbows/hoses/inflators. Does anyone know off hand if the DR stuff will fit the Zeagle? It's not a big deal since I can just bring the wing with me, just curious more than anything.

Thanks,
Jim

I'm pretty sure mine is 15 inches. I know when I wear it, the inflator is just below the d-ring. I would think any inflator would work on any corrugated hose. The elbow may or may not fit. I don't know anything about Zeagle. Sorry.

My Agir wing had a 16" corrugated hose stock. It was too long for me (I'm a tall guy - 6'3"). I replaced it with a DR 12" hose. Now it sits right on my collar bone...I can reach my mouth with it to orally inflate, and it no longer gets tangled in my stage/deco bottles.

I started the discussion above and ended up going with a 12". It works great for me. I got it from NESS. I have it on a doubles set up with a halcyon 55#. It sits just below the d-ring.

Hunter

Well I for the minor cost of a chunk of corrugated hose, I'll try the 12" first. I just need to find out now if the DR elbow will fit on the Zeagle wing.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom