What kind of wrist mount for compass/computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimm

Registered
Reaction score
I want to try out the wrist mounted compass and computer. I currently have a US diver's pivot console. Who makes a nice wrist mount for a standard sized US diver's matrix master computer? Who makes a good low profile compass? What do I do with the US pressure gauge that's now stuck in an empty console? Can it be removed, or do I need a new pressure gauge?

I would bet that US Divers makes a wrist boot for your computer. Your LDS or any other shop that carries this brand should be able to set you up.

I recently purchased a Suunto SK-7 compass that is low profile. Besides being a nice compass, it also comes with a nylon wrist strap that can be easily removed by taking out four screws on the back and replacing the strap with 1/4" bungee loops. You don't have to remove the original strap, but the bungee is a breeze to don and doff, as well as being depth compensating. I paid about $35 for this compass from DiveInn .

As for your SPG, again, US Divers most likely makes a boot for it, but you can just take it out of a boot all together. I personally spent about $100 and purchased a new Scubapro brass SPG that I use without a boot. I did this because my original Oceanic SPG is made of plastic, and I didn't feel comfortable having it exposed without the protection of a boot.

Hope this helps!

You could put a cable mounted compass on your BC where it would be out of the way, ready to use when you need it, you can easily grab it with thick gloves.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac :rolleyes:

get a sunnto SK7 wrist mount compass, take the removable strap out and thread 2 pieces of bungee through the slot and tie them. presto! you have a great wrist mount that couldn't be easier to put on and off.

next buy a uwatec bottom timer in its wrist mount case. cut off the straps and drill 2 holes on each side parallel to the face so that you can slide a pieces of bungee through each hole and tie them. presto! you have a great wrist mount that couldn't be easier to put on and off.

the best part is that the total cost of these two pieces is about $275 canadian which is about $50 us!

attached is a pic of the front and back of my modified uwatec bottom timer and the suunto sk7

good luck

Back
Top Bottom