What Kind of Fish Is This?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwashbur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Found this guy on the pipeline to the Metridium field yesterday at around 25 feet. I wasn't able to get a good look at him, or a good picture, because my buddy's fins were busy chasing him away, but I managed to get this shot, which I've enhanced a little to try and lift out some detail. He looks like some kind of sculpin to me, but not really or maybe so or - you get the idea. Anybody know what he is?

fish.jpg

its an ugly fish :rofl3: Na just joking i don't know

Crevice kelpfish? Juvi kelp greenling? I'm no expert, just a couple guesses. Nice shot considering he was on the move!

Hmm, juvi kelp greenling. That might have possibilities. The dorsal fin doesn't really fit any kelpfish that I've looked at, but the dorsal fin, the head shape, the flared pectoral fins, do resemble greenling features. One other possibility I thought was some kind of sculpin, but not really. I do like your suggestion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom