What kind of diver are you?

Pick the one or more that best fits your diving. Full description in First Post.

• Recreational Diver

Votes: 191 60.1%
  • Rec-tech Diver

Votes: 67 21.1%
  • Minimalist/Vintage Dive

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Technical Diver

Votes: 40 12.6%
  • Public Safety Diver

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • Recreational Dive Master/Guide

Votes: 30 9.4%
  • Professional Recreational Dive Instructor

Votes: 25 7.9%
  • Technical Dive Instructor

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Professional Dive Instructor

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • Commercial Professional Diver

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Military Diver

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mostly recreational, both local cold water and two to three trips a year to warm water destinations. Occasional professional/scientific diving, mainly to free a tangled ROV, take benthic samples or get a better look/picture of something spotted using the ROV and shallow enough (recreational dive limits) to dive.

hmmmm...somewhere 4-5 and 13, I dive a lot on training dives, but dive for fun just about as often, usually with a camera in my hand

6/8. I dive whenever possible, currently only recreationally. However, my gear is gradually becoming more and more technical , and I know that I will end up doing technical dives later in my diving career.

Vacation diver was listed as #1 in the first post, but left off of the list of choices to vote on.
Put me down as a vacation diver, but I will be doing many more than 10 dives this year. Spent 2 weeks in Cozumel in Feb, heading back in Nov for a week, then 2 more weeks in March. :D:D:D

Just a regular ol' diver ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

1. Active Recreational Diver: I dive when ever I can, recreationally, cold or warm water, local and on vacation. (about 30 or so dives a year)
  2. Rec-tech Diver: I dive frequently but not generally in caves or wrecks but my gear is technically inspired.
  3. Minimalist/Vintage Diver: I dive frequently but not generally in caves or wrecks but my gear is minimalist or vintage gear inspired.
I dive a freedom plate (minimalist), with a hog harness and everything I buy is purchased with the goal of being GUE-compliant so I don't have to re-purchase anything when I take Fundies down the road.

I try to dive whenever I can, even if I don't have the money for it. Until the wife puts on the brakes. And this'll probably change a little more when the baby arrives. My only hope is to win a regulator at the local dive shop's competition, so that air is my only expense. Then I'll be able to slip away and dive at my leisure. :)

Back
Top Bottom