What is your New Years Diving Res?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that I have a solid set of gear capable of doing whatever I wanted - all I need to do is dive more - and then get cave certified....I'll get cavern and intro done first and then maybe 50-100 cavern/small safe cave dives later I'll do full cave. I have all the gear and none of the experience - unfortunately gear does not make a cave diver. Good thing I'm not stupid enough to try it :) but I am determined to learn and one day be able to do it - so I'll work on that.

Just curious, how do the hip replacements affect your legs and kicking? Any issues with packing tanks and weights?
I'm asking because I'm headed that way myself.

The couple I do most of my tropical dive trips with ... both of whom are in their 70's ... have both had hip replacements, and have been diving with them for several years. If you don't know already, learn modified frog and flutter kicks which mostly use your lower legs and ankles. They're not as effective kicking against current, but as you age you'll want to limit that type of diving anyway for other physiological reasons. Tanks and weights will affect you ... although we have done some trips to Bonaire since their surgeries, they have to be selective about which sites they can do, considering entry and exit difficulties. Still, there's plenty of great diving to be had ... just have to be a bit more selective about choosing your sites and being realistic about your limitations ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Dive.

I haven't dove regularly in several years, probably since 2009. Had a good dive about a week ago, but before that it was probably at least 2 years since I was in the water, if not more. It's time to make this an active hobby again!

Mine is to begin the Instructor Training Course! I just reached Dive Master (SSI) and I want to get a LOT of practice in with students this year. I want to dive more, and also make sure I complete a larger array of dives. I've got my first night dive scheduled this weekend :)

Ok so last summers goal was to do 100 dives over the summer due to unforseen circumstances that didn't happen it would have tough I took july august and mist of September off dove plenty in October and November I got over 40 dives in
this year my ultimate goal is 100 dives call me crazy but many of us in the club get over 50 dives In each year without batting an eye

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom